Rogue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermonster1985

Reaction score
So last time I went to the supermarket to stock up on London pride I saw they have started stocking a few beers from USA called rogue. Can anyone recommend this beer as it's expensive and don't want to waste money when I could be buying fullers.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I personally like Rogue a lot. Dead Guy Ale is pretty good, but I'm a huge fan of stouts and porters, and their Chocolate Stout, Double Chocolate Stout, and Mocha Porter are all in my bottle collection (I collect only the bottles of beers I really like/love). I have heard they did a juniper beer which was weird but good. Haven't personally tried it myself, but it sounds weird. I WOULD stay away from any of their collaboration beers they did with VooDoo donuts though. They did a bacon maple beer which I thought was pretty good for the first few sips then became unbearable. They did a banana peanut butter something or other as well that someone DID tell me was good, but I don't know.

Long story short, as long as you don't get any of the three beers they did in collaboration with VooDoo donuts, they make damn good beer. One of my favorite breweries.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Habanero Ale, Mom's Hefeweizen, Hazelnut Brown, Chocolate Stout and Double Chocolate Stout are all delicious beers. If any of those are there you should pick one up and check it out.

Cool will give it a go then, just out of interest how much is it there per bottle, here it's about 7 usd. Compared to 4 for London pride

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I agree with NateLTB, aside from the Hefe. I live in Oregon (where they're from) and pay anywhere from 5-7 for a 22 oz. depending on what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Rogue is good but spendy even in OR. If it is $7 per 22 that is decent, buy it. Just avoid the voodoo donut collaboration nightmares. Anything else is good, I visit the brewery a lot and have had almost everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bev mo the way to go. Six packs of rouge 9.95. Anytime u can,get rouge 4 under 10$ a steal!!!!

Look up rouge garage sale. The only way to go. Great beer at discount!!

Several of our local pubs have Rogue brews on tap, a pint goes for about $4.50. We also have Mac-N-Jack, Mannys, Iron Horse and others (Seattle area - tons of craft beer!).

I scored HUGE at one of the garage sales in Astoria. Cases of Hazelnut and Double Chocolate for $26 a piece. They were so cheap because they were mislabeled.

Back