Robobrew v3 owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merleti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For those that own the Robobrew I wanted to see if this would work for making kettle sours? Does it have a safety function that shuts it off over a period of time like the Mash and Boil? Meaning can it be left on for several day if you want? Can you choose to heat at temps 90 deg and up? I want to have a brew set up totally separate for sours and the Robobrew seems to hit several issues like space and ease. Thank you for your response in advance.

Once I repair mine I will let you know. Once I get my circuit board and screen replaced it is moving to kettle sour/ sparge water duty since upgrading to a 240v system with a controller.

fwiw, you can kettle sour at room temp with plantarum. just let it start at 90 and then free-fall to 70ish.

There’s no reason you couldn’t use it to hold temp, that’s exactly what I’ll be doing for my Gose soon

I use my Grainfather to hold sous vide pork at a specific temp for 48 hours. I'm sure the robobrew would work exactly the same.

Back