Roatry switch for element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why... I just clicked on it and brought me there. Cookies? If you don't mind cut and paste this into amazon it will come up.. Amico Test Equipments AC 220V Switch DC 90V Motor Speed Controller

Not sure why... I just clicked on it and brought me there. Cookies? If you don't mind cut and paste this into amazon it will come up.. Amico Test Equipments AC 220V Switch DC 90V Motor Speed Controller

I believe alien was stating that the device would not work (it has DC output), not that the link was broken.

Word of warning (maybe?). I bought a 2000W 120V version of something like the ebay link and tried to build a boil controller for my 1500W element.

It worked fine for a while until the heat sink heated up so much it started to melt the circuit board and the solder... the heat sink fell out and the horrible stench of burning electronics filled the room.

Those voltage regulators have heat-sinks to dissipate heat, but they kind of need to have the heat-sink side within an enclosure, which will keep heat in. I've wondered if putting a vent fan in the enclosure instead of just vent holes might have helped, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a 120v fan and another voltage regulator to test that out.

Your mileage may very.

Back