RO Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

November

...relax...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at putting an RO system under my kitchen sink and running a line to the brewery in the adjacent garage. Seems like it would work, but should I put a tee after the filter and before the pressure tank to run ronwater to the brewery, or after the pressure tank but before the little faucet?

The run would be 10 feet up and then about 30 feet across, if that matters.

Final carbon filtering is essentially useless. Its a gimmick to sell you another piece of equipment.

Yes, you can place the tee anywhere downstream of the RO unit. The storage tank can essentially be at the end of a dead-end. If your tubing run to the garage is more than a few feet, I suggest that you use 1/2" PEX tubing between the tank and the garage. You'll like the flow rate!! I've got a 20 gal RO pressure tank and most of the tubing to all the end uses in my house are via 1/2" PEX.

AHA members will see a comprehensive 2-part article on home RO systems in Zymurgy this summer and fall.

Latest posts

Back