Revy i'm sorry......!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
I tried my best to leave my 1st batch of beer in bottles for 3 weeks, I really did. But there was a family gathering in my house today and yesterday I was TOLD to put that homebrew stuff in the fridge, despite my repeated 'Revy says its not ready yet' I relented..... Well talk about a success, 24 of the 48 bottles are gone with brothers in law claiming 'Jaysus this stuff if drinkable can't wait till next week when Revy says its really ready, get me another one':)
Cheers lads for all the advice I'm (and all the brothers in law) now hooked and a little drunk
Can't wait till next week to see the final result...
I took some pics which I'll post when sober :p

Just been down to the pub with the lads, there's no bite in that commercial stuff......
oh dear I hooked dde1c

I think I hit my forth or fifth batch before I actually got to drink some beer that aged properly. I still tap a keg every now and then that hasn't carbed yet just because I'm desperate.

All I have to say to that is OI! My friend it's just the beginning it gets better and better! CHEERS!

I had an ipa,maybe my first,which i tested after a week it was carbed and perfectly hoppy and great.After that after week 2-3 and so on they were just good and not what they once were, im finding this alot with my hoppy pale ales also,although those are after a few weeks carbed. I often dont get full carbonation though, until 3 or so weeks. Its interesting to see the evoultion with the pale ales/ipa's with time though,sometimes they change into completly differnet beers, i guess hops do hide alot of what you have underneath.

It really depends on the yeast strain. Some are ready in a week, some take a month or more.

Don't mess with Revvy, he's one of our beer master jedis.

Your beer will be better carbed and more flavorful with time, but sharing with fam and friends trumps optimal beer practice.

To your friends, you're now the beer jedi. Welcome to the addiction.

I have found I have a weak ego, when people praise my beer I usually offer more....doh!

Back