Review of Bubbas Barrells 42G

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br1dge

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen references to a company that sells refurbished barrels, kettles, and other brewing hardware. http://www.bubbasbarrels.com/

My brew partner and I just ordered (2) of the 42G barrels to use in a new system we are building. I wanted to share some of our purchase experience with anyone who might be looking to upgrade their vessel(s)

In a nut shell, I highly recommend! This is an incredible buy, compared to other options for 30-42G size range.

I spoke with Carl, who I believe is the owner, and told him about the single tier system we were building and asked him about all the barrels he has. He explained the different vessels sizes, and spoke to the advantages and disadvantages of each one whether it was size, or weight, or whatever. He then gave me some great ideas on casters for our stand. He just seemed to like talking beer brewing "stuff."

I told him we were not in a particular hurry, and even though it took a couple of weeks to ge these in-hand, he kept us informed along the way. When the order was shipped, we received an email with tracking numbers. Believe it or not these mothers were delivered USPS!

My wife told me I had "a delivery," today while making a smart-ass comment, asking me "why didn't you get the big ones?" She is right. These sons a bitches are huge! It reminded me of the first time I opened our 5L starter flask out of the packaging. It looks unnaturally large, compared to the normal brewing equipment we have an are used to working with.

We ordered ours with lids, and could not be more happy.

For reference, my 3 1/2 year old daughter is standing by it. The barrel is 28" tall and 23" in diameter.

You can see the "back" side of the barrel where the worst of the blemishes are. Something had been tack welded as you can see the 4 mounting spots. Other than some slight imperfections otherwise, these baby's are shiny and will look great on our new SS stand we should have ready in the next couple of weeks.

I don't have any shots of the insides, but while they will need to be soaked and scrubbed down they look great!

Awesome product at awesome price - highly recommend these barrels.

I guess it is "nano," or "pico" by definition, but still just for home brewing. We have multiple people brewing and 3 keezers to keep full. Now we can do 20G batches of some pretty big beers and not have to brew quite as often.

Funny how all of us beer snobs can be so much more supportive of "coors light" when it is spread across something as nice as those, eh? Now I am starting to wonder what Markd is talking about! lol

br1dge said:
Funny how all of us beer snobs can be so much more supportive of "coors light" when it is spread across something as nice as those, eh? Now I am starting to wonder what Markd is talking about! lol

It doesnt look like she needs suppoet

why do i think of hansel and gretle when i look at that brew pot and your little one?
awesome kettle btw

Here is our 42G beside a 15G keggle, sitting on top of what will one day be our stand!

7633-42g-bubbas-barrel-beside-15g-keggle.jpg

Back