Revamping my all-grain set up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moezart

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
So I have just finished my 8th all grain home brew last night, and I hope it turns out well!
My current situation:
I live in a country ( Tunisia) where there aren't any thing even similar to a home brewing supplier... so when it comes to equipment I am forced to improvise, and when it comes to hops and yeast I just buy them every time I travel abroad.
So I have been using the Zapap lauter method, and it worked well the first few times. The last 2 batches I made, though, I ended up with a stuck sparge... it was painful to say the least!
So long story short, can you guys recommend an accessible, easy-to-rig-at-home system that I could set up to keep on enjoying this wonderful craft!!! There has to be an easier way to do this ..
Because last night was a good reason to call my beer the torturous brew!!!

Get or make a grain bag for BIAB style. Then you can either no sparge or do a dunk style batch sparge.
I already have such a bag which i used for my first batch. Good system... just the pain of having lift that heavy bag and squeezing the juice out of it!!! A back breaker!

If you have rope, designed a host... some have used ladders to be the host support.

For right now, I have my bag drain into another bucket while I squize it ( as it hangs from a tree)

Latest posts

Back