restart carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormser

Reaction score
my friend and i brewed a batch and had the beer in 1 liter bottles and bottled them 2 weeks ago. well he said he cracked one open and it was ready to go. i was hesitant cause it was only 2 weeks. i put my share, 4 1 liter bottles, in the fridge trusting him on his word. well i opened 1 up and it had some head to it, but tasted flat. my question is, if i pull them out of the fridge, will they continue to carbonate? or did i kill the process by having them in there over night?

Skunking has to do with LIGHT exposure. Don't stick them in front of a window, and you'll be fine.

Heat/warmth cycles don't affect beer as much as many folks think. If you stop and think about the hot/cold cycles that commercial beers go through the distribution chain, from flash pasteurization of many beers, to warehouses and delivery trucks, to store rooms, and shop floors or coolers, to hot cars, and houses and fridges, then you would realize it happens all the time...and the beer tastes fine.

Revvy said:
Skunking has to do with LIGHT exposure. Don't stick them in front of a window, and you'll be fine.

Heat/warmth cycles don't affect beer as much as many folks think. If you stop and think about the hot/cold cycles that commercial beers go through the distribution chain, from flash pasteurization of many beers, to warehouses and delivery trucks, to store rooms, and shop floors or coolers, to hot cars, and houses and fridges, then you would realize it happens all the time...and the beer tastes fine.

That's a huge misconception I guess. I thought it was a big part of "skunking" but that's just what everyone says

Back