Replacing tower on kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyPA

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this kegerator over 10 years ago and it's still running strong. I found that I can fit 2 corny kegs in it so I'd like to replace the single-tap tower with a dual-tap. Is the base a standardized fitting where I can just plug and play swap it, or will I need to figure out how to get it to connect? (that blue stuff is parts of my dogs toy that he destroyed)

Keg.jpg

Thanks

I don't know that there is a multi-vendor standard for twist-lock towers, so your best bet for a straight replacement is to go to the manufacturer of your kegerator and see if they offer a two-tap column.

Otherwise, what many folks have done is to discard the original tower and install a conventional screw-flanged tower right over the existing base. Definitely need to make sure the screws won't hit anything vital first (like thermostat or lighting wires or tubing to a cold plate, etc). Check the "Similar Threads" below and see if one leads to a solution that works for you :)

Cheers!

I had a similar problem. The big issue was that the original tower was 2.5 inches and all the replacements are 3 inch. So I could not use the bayonet, and I needed to cut larger openings in the top plastic, and the drip tray would not fit. I only wanted to use it for a few parties, and those went by. So now it is doing cold crashing without a tower.

I tried to find an extra bayonet, was going to make an adapter ring. couldn't find it on the manufacturer web site.

I don't know if this will help or not, but here's the spacing of a typical standard beer tower (assuming your tower is screwed to that plastic base, it should be replacable)

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I bought this kegerator over 10 years ago and it's still running strong. I found that I can fit 2 corny kegs in it so I'd like to replace the single-tap tower with a dual-tap. Is the base a standardized fitting where I can just plug and play swap it, or will I need to figure out how to get it to connect? (that blue stuff is parts of my dogs toy that he destroyed)

View attachment 753911
Thanks
I’d carefully drill a few holes and epoxy some threaded inserts to fix a new tower. Maybe even bolt and brace the inserts on the inside of the kegerator, thinking about it.

It's a Vissani kegerator which was on sale at home depot 10 or so years ago. I searched and found someone else who has the same kegerator and had to do some drilling for the new tower, so I think that's what I'll do. Thanks for your responses

Latest posts

Back