Repitch or Start Fresh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom

Reaction score
I brewed an imperial stout with 007 about 3 weeks ago. OG: 1.094 FG: 1.030 ABV: 8.5%

I am planning to brew a black IPA on Sat. with 007.... normally I wouldn't reuse yeast from a high gravity beer, but my question is ..what is too high...this seems to be borderline to me. Would you repitch from the stout or make a new starter?

I brewed an imperial stout with 007 about 3 weeks ago. OG: 1.094 FG: 1.030 ABV: 8.5%

I am planning to brew a black IPA on Sat. with 007.... normally I would reuse yeast from a high gravity beer, but my question is ..what is too high...this seems to be borderline to me. Would you repitch from the stout or make a new starter?

For me, I'd rather not take the risk, so I'd probably make a new starter. You might be fine going with the yeast from the stout, but I'm more in the "better safe than sorry" camp.

Back