Removing sticker adhesive from cpvc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispbrew

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find a good answer, but does any one have a good method for removing the adhesive from the stickers on cpvc joints? I made a manifold for my mash tun out of cpvc and was able to remove the stickers but couldn't get all the adhesive off.

So is there any tricks or does it even matter if I have a little adhesive on the manifold?

Canola oil. Seriously. Then, follow that with a good cleaning with dish soap and water.

I'm a plumber and just use the clear PVC cleaner to remove the sticky residue. You'll need to do a good cleaning after to remove the PVC cleaner remains.

The "citrus based" cleaners will lift them off as well, put a cloth over them soaked with said cleaner, and have a beer.
In a few minutes, they'll wipe off.

We use a cleaner here at work known as "Citra Safe" for doing the same thing.

It's some commercial stuff that we get in bulk, but same basic formulation as the store bought stuff.

Goo B Gone is just a good product to have a bottle of around in general for removing sticky crap...i use it every year to pull off the stupid paper stickers i have to put on my car for parking that leave half of the paper and sticky glue on my windshield.

Sure there are other ways of removing it as listed here and im sure they all work, but just invest 4-5 bucks for a bottle that will last you years and keep it with your other cleaning supplies.

Back