Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original energy drink:

joltcan.jpg

Right, Bernie. And taking one of them apart, screwing the pieces to a 2x4 and making a skate board?

I hated the remake of this show, but I loved the original. This guy was only on the first season, but this clip is forever immortal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some of you might remember this. And don't lie either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing all these things I had/watched as a kid made me feel old.

Seeing all these other things that made me think "didn't that just come out a couple years ago?" made me feel even older...

But here is mine...

pepsi-josta.jpg

Oooooooh yeah, Josta. I remember that actually being pretty good.

Wasn't there a tropical fruit flavoring in there or something along with cola?

The only way to get shows before eTree and the like...

tumblr_l3kd5v5sgY1qa53iwo1_500.jpg

These aren't mine, but I do still have them for some reason. I used to put a lot of work into j-card artwork sometimes. :rockin:

Haha! Leisure Suit Larry had that age-verification quiz at the beginning.

I have been dying to figure out the name of a zip-line toy I had when I was a kid.

It was probably made in the late 80's/early 90's.
It resembled a submarine but with two pulley wheels on the top. A long kite string ran through the pulley wheels and attached at each end was a handle. You would tie one handle to a doorknob or have a friend hold it. When you lowered your arm, the toy would zip line towards you and opposite when your arm was raised.

If I recall it also had a black plastic "J" hook on the bottom and the toy came with a hollow sphere that you could use to try to pick up off the ground. I believe it was, as were a lot of toys back then, brightly colored. I think one side of the toy was a bright pink and the other a bright neon green/yellow. I even remember being with my mom when she bought the toy at a Roses store. One person I recently asked argued that that couldn't be as the toy was one of those "as seen on "tv" toys. I don't think it was.

Anyone have an idea or remember this toy?

No one has come up with what this was called yet? This has been driving me crazy for a week.

No one has come up with what this was called yet? This has been driving me crazy for a week.

I definitely had this and I'm trying to figure it out too.
I also had a game that had 2 airplanes attached by a wire, to a "base" in the middle. You'd put the base down on a table and pick up the controllers for both airplanes...When you'd squeeze the controller, the airplanes would fly around the circumfrance of the base. The idea was that you'd have to pull streamers out of the other planes' tail with your propeller. It was definitely in the mid to late 80's...i LOVED that game.

Help me figure out what it was!

Well, along with the good early 90s stuff, there was the also the bad ...

image-3591970462.png

Bad? I am not even going to tell you what happens when you mix one part ballet dancer with equal parts Zima and Jolly Rancher candies... because thats a memory I'm keeping to myself...

And then....... the big reveal....

phoebe_cates0013-1.jpg

Waylon Jennings, Daisy Dukes, and a badass Charger :rockin:
dukes_of_hazzard.jpg

Anybody else?! I think this show inspired me to hike an enjoy the outdoors later in life...

image-2123627226.jpg

image-1901204694.jpg

Haha! Leisure Suit Larry had that age-verification quiz at the beginning.

Those were great! Leisure Suit Larry and the Land of the Lounge Lizards!

Police Quest
Kings Quest
Space Quest

Kids today would be bored silly trying to figure out the puzzles.

dungeons_of_daggorath_intro.gif

Remember this??

FINALLY! It's been bothering me.

Striiiing raceeer...

Seriously, what happened to awesome jingles like that? :D

Back