Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
electrokit.jpg

I think I remember having a 300 in one also

This is one of the best "toys" ever made. Fun and educational. Remember the one project that you could bug your sister's bedroom with? I have to admit that was just plain wrong and not a good idea to put into the hands of anyone, kids or adults.

I later went on became an electronics bench technician (fixing computer circuit boards) which morphed into several related jobs over the course of the last 30 years including my current one. Although I have to admit how I got into all that was a fluke and not directly related to that toy.

I can't remember if I had the 300 or the 150, two of my favorite projects were the crystal radio and, I think it was called the "satellite telemeter" you hooked it up and iirc it emitted a tone every time a satellite passed over head.

Nice. I would like to get some sort of kit like this for my soon to be 10 year old. Any suggestions?

I almost got one for my daughter, but I bought an Arduino instead. Probably should pick up one of those first. The Arduino is more for programming than electronics.

I know it's been said but my mom gave me back my original NES for Christmas and the SWMBO got me one for as well (they should talk more). Most of the games I got back then still work and I went on a buying spree on ebay shortly after, even though half of them are on the Wii. It's great watching Mario and Zelda on a big screen.

I still have mine...but it is broken :( Plastic cracked by the pump handle.

I gave my son a Daisy when he was about 9-10, built a nice wooden case for it and wrapped the gun in one of those woven (cheap) 2'x4' rugs. Pretty cool.

The gun is about 13-14 years old now and works just fine. It's sitting in my garage under a bunch of camping stuff. Amazing where you can't shoot those things nowadays. I'm holding it for him until he has a son.

Every year at the end of school, we would have "achievement tests" (this is Kentucky.) Anyway, see if you know what these words mean...

Baloo
Wuzzle
Alate
Sculch
Yonker
etc, etc

I had one of those. Weak ass junk. Good for teaching basic handling skills though.

We had our BB gun fights with Crosman pumps and CO2 guns. :cross:

Pfft. My first battle I came with a wrist rocket

2002-a.jpg

Not sure why mom & dad thought this was ok but a BB gun was not. First guy hit called game over.

Anyone wear scuba masks? We were dumb but not that dumb.

For those of you nintendo fans.

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START

Pfft. My first battle I came with a wrist rocket

2002-a.jpg

Not sure why mom & dad thought this was ok but a BB gun was not. First guy hit called game over.

Anyone wear scuba masks? We were dumb but not that dumb.

we used to shoot jacks at eachother. those little bastards hurt...

I had one of those. Weak ass junk. Good for teaching basic handling skills though.

it taught me how to put arc on my three pointers. I still have one in the garage- i use it to tell the squirrels to get out of my tree. i have to hit them in the eye to make a point.

Every year at the end of school, we would have "achievement tests" (this is Kentucky.) Anyway, see if you know what these words mean...

Baloo
Wuzzle
Alate
Sculch
Yonker
etc, etc

A baloo, is a bear
Wuzzle means, to mix
A Yonker, is a young man

:tank:

Zuljin said:

My first was a crosman 760. That thing was mean. You can still buy them but they are POS in comparison. I had a scope and it was always dead on! My dad had a range set up in the basement so I never left the house without a serious weapon.

My son has a weak pistol bb gun and a very powerful pellet rifle (only shoots with dad) . He's almost 7.

Contra was the bomb! Used to play with my BIL. That is one game I'd like to get loaded onto my Wii...

Wait.. I think I still have a NES in the garage...

One time when I was a teen my sister was going camping with my future BIL in his parent's small RV. The same day I got:

2133521-Zelda-Gold_256x256.png

Since he had the NES and I had the cartridge, he invited me to go camping with them. He and I stayed locked in the camper until about 3 am and got up at 7 to start playing again. Sister made us pack up the camper and go home. Then we played the rest of the day at his parent's house.

First console game that saved your progress.

Homercidal said:
The Thorn Birds.

Miniseries.

I never watched it but it was big back in the day.

being the youngest of 6 and a 5yr old at the time it came out I was subjected to it for a long time after that.. My sisters watched the beta vcr copy continually for years..

I have many, many fond memories of this game and of the NES in general. Konami games were so effing hard! I never beat one without using the Konami Code.

That's a fun story about your BIL.

Contra was the bomb! Used to play with my BIL. That is one game I'd like to get loaded onto my Wii...

Wait.. I think I still have a NES in the garage...

One time when I was a teen my sister was going camping with my future BIL in his parent's small RV. The same day I got:

2133521-Zelda-Gold_256x256.png

Since he had the NES and I had the cartridge, he invited me to go camping with them. He and I stayed locked in the camper until about 3 am and got up at 7 to start playing again. Sister made us pack up the camper and go home. Then we played the rest of the day at his parent's house.

First console game that saved your progress.

young-kunta.jpg

Speaking of mini-series.

I was a bit young for this, but I do remember the scene where the slave master "changed" his name to Toby, by way of the whip, harrowing scene.

Latest posts

Back