Rekorderlig clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballzac

Reaction score
I've searched "rekorderlig" on here and other sites, and googled "rekorderlig clone", and can't find any relevant threads.

This is an AMAZING cider. I first tried the strawberry lime one, and I was amazed at how fresh the strawberries taste. You can literally taste the seeds on them. Not that fake, perfumy strawberry ester flavour. This is real, market fresh strawberry flavour.

Tonight I've just tried their plain apple cider, and I'm blown away. Many drinkers of kentish ciders might be repulsed, but I love the crisp, green apple flavour. It is similar to Archer's apple schnapps. Amazing flavour in a cider IMO.

I'm hoping someone else out there has tried it and has an idea as to how it might be made.

Enthusiastically awaiting replies :ban:

I just had the wild berry and the apple cider this stuff is amazing! I can't find it anywhere in the US but I need to get it somehow! My wife fell in love with this stuff do you know of any way to get it?

I've had it, too. It is what's starting me on my cider brewing experiment. I wish I could find good recipes for non-apple ciders.

It's actually a non-cider cider. Check this out:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/drinks/9174967/When-cider-isn-t-really-cider-at-all

I've never bought Rekorderlig, do they put the ingredients on the label in the US?
In some countries apparently they do.

IMG_5975.JPG

So for a clone, they are using fruit flavors, I've read about brewers using lorAnn flavors with success. The super strength water soluble products are recommended for brewing:

http://www.lorannoils.com/food-grade-essential-oils-super-strength-flavors

Last edited:
I purchased some of the Lorannoils that are water soluble. strawberry, kiwi, blackberry, raspberry. I will me using then is a few weeks to flavor my cider and let you know if I can create something close to Rekorderlig. In the past I have added fresh raspberries for the final week before racking and this made a cider close to this. I hope to up my game with the flavored oils

Does anyone else have any experience using Lorannoils at all? Going to be doing a habanero cider and was looking at experimenting with adding some of their Mango or Pineapple oil. Try going for a Tropical Habanero cider.

Back