Regulator problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amfukuda

Reaction score
I'm new to kegging and I recently bought a foxx regulator after hooking every thing up I noticed what I would consider a large leak coming from the side holes on the black front of the regulator where the adjustment screw is. My question is this is there something wrong mechanically with the regulator or am I doing something wrong any help would be great

The regulator you have is a chudnow regulator. Foxx buys the main body from chudnow but add their own cheaper Chinese gauges. It's a quality regulator and should not be leaking from there. I would unscrew the main black face where the adjustment screw is in. Check to see if the diaphram is seated properly. Also if the black face is not tightened enough it will leak out that hole as well. If it's new, foxx has a warranty on them. If you need anything else pm
me. I have an account with foxx.

The easiest way to ruin any gas regulator is to turn the adjustment screw so far in that it punctures the diaphragm inside, which could explain why yours is leaking.

I just took a good hard look at the thing and the diaphragm is torn you guys know where I can get a new one

Back