Regulator high pressure gauge needle on wrong side of the pin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! Yeah, that's probably my next step. LHBS store I got it from usually helps me out on this kind of stuff, so I'm sure a simple exchange is what I'll do. Only had about 1.5months. I was just wondering if there was something I can do to fix it while lounging around the house on this fine Sunday morning/afternoon.

I know this isn't the answer you want, but I would exchange it out. You paid for a functioning gauge not a DIY project. Plus once you fix it will it be calibrated correctly, I'm sure it would be but you never know.

So it used to work correctly ? Does it stay in that position when you turn off your co2 and remove the tank ?

That's a real good point Ecu. I didn't buy a used DIY project to play with in my spare time.

As far as I know it's been like that from the beginning, but I only noticed it about 2 weeks ago. Like I said its about 1.5 months old, so essentially brand new. maazak, when I turn tank off, the needle falls loose, below the pin.

If there was a simple way to open up the cap And move the needle over the pin, I would. Seems like it's on their tight and isn't budging. Guess that's why I opened the convo to you all, to see if there was a simple fix.

Sounds like I'll just reach out to LHBS and swop it out.

Thanks fellas!

Back