Regulator advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefDougAU

Reaction score
I am planning to change and upgrade my gas management system. I am a new kegger and need advice from the more experienced brethren...

I plan on a dual gauge primary attached to a 20lb CO2 tank located OUTSIDE my keezer... then a four gauge secondary located INSIDE... are the choices below worthwhile? Thanks in advance...

Primary
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulator/double/premium_double_gauge_542.html

Secondary
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...-pro-series-secondary-co2-beer-regulator.html

That is the setup I use (CO2 tank and primary gauge outside, 4 secondary gauges inside), but I have taprites. The guys at that company said kegco is a new company. I originally ordered those but they were out of stock. They said they have no complaints about them. I had a good experience with beverage factory's customer service.

Sorry I cant give specific feedback about the kegcos.

You're good, except swap out those Kegco brand regulators for Taprites or any other reputable brand. The Kegco's have a high failure rate. I had my KegCo dual gauge secondary fail. They replaced it, but after searching up and seeing many threads and complaints of failures I went with a Taprite, which is the brand I'd been using for my 3-product secondary.

Rev.

So... the Kegco's are out... next question...

Are the Micromatics REALLY that much better than the Taprites?

I only want to make this purchase ONE TIME...

So... the Kegco's are out... next question...

Are the Micromatics REALLY that much better than the Taprites?

I only want to make this purchase ONE TIME...

I have a Micro Matic for my nitro taps. Not a fan - the metal-on-metal knob requires far too much effort and feels like it would grind itself to an early demise - if I was frequently changing pressures (happily, I haven't changed the setting in like forever).

[Otoh/fwiw, I have six Chudnow primaries with which I have always been very happy. They just plain work well.]

If the choice is Tap Rite vs Micro Matic, I would try the Tap Rite...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back