Recommendations for Fermentation Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdogg171

Reaction score
Evening folks,
I would like some suggestions, I see several different systems available, several versions of BrewPi plus Fermentrack and I think I ran across something else.
I was using a couple of STC's until a probe took a dump and life took over for a while. I now want to get my side by side fermenter/server back up and running and trying to decide which route to go, I was originally planning for BruControl, but for several reasons I am now thinking no, don't really want to tie a comp up full time running something.

I currently have a:
Pi 3B+
Adafruit Feather with Ethernet shield
Adafruit flow meter

I could get an Arduino or D1 or whatever else I would need, but what I am looking for is:

Raspberry Pints or something equivalent, mainly to track pours/amounts left in kegs, doesn't have to be precise;

BrewPi or similar to control temps and ramping, etc.

Would like it work remotely, have a couple of Android tabs, iPad, phone (of course), bonus for tilt/ispindle integration and maybe Brewer's Friend connection

Most importantly, I don't understand all the backend vodoo like code, scripting, var/this/and/that, so would like something easy to install, setup and run.

Am I asking for too much?

i am using a stc-1000 to control my fermentation, its been holding it with in one degree.
i have been thinking about asking my brotherinlaw to see if he can program a raspberrypi to read a tilt to control the temp in the fridge, especially for logering so when it hits 5 points it can ramp up the temp for the diacetyl rest automatically.

fwiw, I have been running the "classic" RaspberryPints tap list manager with flow meters along with four equally "classic" BrewPi instances, all on the same RPi2B that lives under my keezer. One BrewPi instance controls the keezer itself, the other three are connected via Bluetooth and control my three fridges. Not sure about iSpindle or Tilt integration (don't use either) or BF integration though (don't do that, either).

This can still be accomplished using the RandR+ R'Pints fork and either Fermentrack or BrewPi Remix...

Cheers!

Back