Recommendation for a good apple extract OR how do I use cider as an additive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibraryGoddess

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here. New to brewing as well, we have just brewed our third batch. For our next batch, we would like to brew Midwest Supplies Honey Bee Ale kit, which is a light ale, but I would like to add an apple flavoring to it. I noticed on Midwest Supplies that their apple extract does not get good reviews, and I wondered if you all had a better alternative, perhaps a different brand (their brand is Brewer's Best), or I read that you can add cider to 2nd fermentation? Any advice would be most welcomed. :) Thanks!

Brew a four gallon batch instead of five add one gallon apple cider and pitch yeast. Did this last time I brewed a batch and got raving reviews .

Thanks for your reply Scott, do I add to primary fermentation then, after I pitch the yeast? Or do I add it before adding the yeast? Forgive the ignorance...really new here.

Just remember that whatever cider that you use needs to be pasteurized and preservative free. Also, DO NOT boil the cider with your beer, just dump it straight into the fermenter with the cooled wort.

Thank you, HappyHopper, those sounds like important things to keep in mind. I'll make sure and get the "good stuff" that has no junk in it when I buy my cider, not the cheapo cider.

Latest posts

Back