Recipe Sheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranman481

Reaction score
I was just wondering what, if any, method you folks use to keep your recipes and notes on your individual beers. I thought I would share the form that I use for my brewing notes. I try to keep super clear notes so that I can replicate the ones that turn out to be crowd pleasing.

Brew Log 001.jpg

I still use the old, one subject notebook & started with. Now also use BS2 while keeping brew sheets I get with some kits I use occasionally as well. I gotta start saving my BS recipes to the cloud though.

Just plain old notebook for me right now... my first thought was, 'only two lines for hops?!' :D

I use the front of my recipe sheet for boil timing and addition times, especially with multiple hop additions and the additions are not in full ounce increments.

The back of the sheet is for the yeast details and fermentation details.

You haven't added lines on your form for tracking fermentation temperature. I will track ferm temps daily, more often if I need to make adjustments with a swamp cooler or heater, for up to 12 days.
Start, lag time, and end of active fermentation is also tracked. To me lag time is important because it relates to the yeast vitality and pitch rate, especially when using generation 6+ harvested yeast.

I keep the recipes I've brewed in beersmith but I also write them down in a notebook along with my brew day notes. I keep my future recipes in a folder in my email. Works well enough for me.

Back