recarbonate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After 15 successful batches, my buddy and i had our 1st bad batch. All was normal (3-4 week ferment, 3 week bottle condition, & 70 degree temp on a red ryepa)

He switched brands of conditioning tablets.....instead of 1 coopers in the bottle, directions call for 3 tablets- low carb, 4- medium and 5- high carb. Well...we put in only 1! Carelessness + beer buzz run amok.

We bottled these on 11.30 (so much for the Christmas beer i was stoked about).....i am thinking of:
-option a: open bottles, pour into keg & force carbonate

-option b: open bottles, add 3 more conditioning tablets , re-cap and wait 2-3 weeks. I'd really rather do this.

Flavor is tasty

Any thoughts? Thanks guys

Btw- half of the bottles have pine additive. I used 3/4s of what directions called for.......pine taste is overwhelming. Definitely going to read up more before doing another additive

I would not pour back into a keg unless you want to oxidize them. Definitely go for option B. That's just what you need to do.

Cheers!

Back