Really quick kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tx6686

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question. So I forced carbonated this morning and it's in fridge at 30 psi . How do you go about reducing the co2 if I wanted to drop it down to 10 tomorrow ? Do you pull the pin first to release gas then connect regulator to get it to 10 ?

Yup. If you use the other lid style or pin lock, you can also release the pressure from the post directly (after removing the disconnect, of course).

Awesome deal it's a ball lock .how do you know how much to release ?

How long did you (or plan to) have it at 30 psi, and is it a full 5 gal keg?

Brew on :mug:

24 hours . Should it be longer ? And it wasnt cold and I know it should have been didn't realize that till after

24 hours . Should it be longer ? And it wasnt cold and I know it should have been didn't realize that till after

Since it didn't start cold, I'd leave it another 18 - 24 hours. I normally start cold, and go 36 hrs @ 30 psi, then drop to serving pressure. CO2 absorption will be slower at higher temperatures (for the same pressure.)

Brew on :mug:

Back