Ready to buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou2row

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The kitchen is for the most part; done. I said I would get that out of the way before buying my brewing setup. While she is giddy about the new kitchen, I'm going to get both my starter setup and corney kegs for my beer fridge all in one shot. Midwest has a great price for what I want, but can't tell how the shipping is going to be without placing the order.

Are they pretty good, or is paying to ship the corney kegs (4) and everything else going to be going to be cost prohibitive? I can get the kegs in Toledo, so might see if I can get the rest of the setup.

What has been your experience with them?

When you get an order together at Midwest, go to "Checkout" where you will put in your address. On that page they have a "estimate the shipping" box toward the bottom left. Put in your zip code and get the estimate.

I would say shop around. I like midwest, but I think you can do better on corny's at other sites. Adventures in home brewing, have pretty good deals on kegs.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will check out the estimate shipping and the other site. I've got money to get most the stuff I will need, but not enough to throw it away!

If your order is over $100, Austin Homebrew will ship for free! Not sure what the price on reconditioned kegs is at Midwest.

Just so you know!

I like Midwest. There prices are cheaper than other online stores that charge flat rates. I think the other places need to mark up to cover shipping. I just ordered kegs from Midwest. But when I got something going, I usually just stick with it.

Back