ready for something more, but need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srm277

Reaction score
I know this wont sound like one for you guys, but this is my 4th batch that I will be making. My first 2 were new castle clones that I did 2 different recipes for, second one I had a better idea what I was doing. 3rd batch was a new castle clone, but they didn’t have the right extracts so I decided to go for a chance and use 2 different extracts to hope it would work, it’s in primary right now.

Anyways for my next batch I want to make a new recipe, but similar to new castle since I really like it.

Muntons Chocolate, add 3oz
Muntons crushed crystal, add 2 oz
2 cans of M&F light DME
1 ounce Kent goldings
Then 1/2 ounce Kent goldings
That’s the new castle recipe w/o making everything completely exact

I would like to either add cinnamon or blueberry to my next batch of beer, with all that information, any suggestions on a recipe I would be able to make? I’m game for anything as long as it tastes good and will have a kick to it
Thanks and if there’s anything else needed to know let me know so I can add to help make a really good beer, im going to the store in acouple of days so no rush

If you decide on fruit you need to freeze it first as it breaks the cells, consider boiling it to pasturise, then rack the beer onto the fruit for a week or 2. It's better done on a lighter style like a cerveza or canadian blonde as it lets the fruit come through, if you do it on a heavier style you wont get the full effect.

Spices can be added to secondary in a type of nylon bag, and taste the beer every couple of days until the spices come through like you like, its easy to overdo the spices, make a tea and add to secondary, or put in the boil, try em all and see what works best.

They make a blue berry flavoring, but becareful of the flavorings, The canned fruit works well, and some fruit like strawberries takes a whole bunch for the flavor to come through.

Dont let the ale ferment above 68F

Latest posts

Back