Re-using Bottle Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthRiverS

Reaction score
I know this may sound miserly, but does anyone, besides me, re-use your bottle caps? I have an opener that doesn't bend them with opening, so I have re-used them on several batches. Opinions please....... I can take it.....:eek:

NRS

Nope. If that's what floats your boat as long as they're cleaned and sanitized go for it I guess. I get them 100 ct for $5 and I rarely bottle so it's worth a nickel per bottle to me when I do.

Yes, it's miserly. :D I bought a huge bag off of ebay. Were talking pennies a cap. Why take the chance of a bad seal for 3 cents?

Hammy71 said:
Yes, it's miserly. :D I bought a huge bag off of ebay. Were talking pennies a cap. Why take the chance of a bad seal for 3 cents?

I agree, after all the work of brewing a great beer why chance it with being cheap on the cheapest item you can buy, doesn't really make sense to me

Yep, miserly. It's your beer, though; if it works for you, go for it.

I splurge on custom bottlemark caps that cost 12 cents each, and I'd still never consider reusing them... the risk of a bad seal would worry me too much.

Back