RDWHAHB...don't mind if I do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatmoose

Reaction score
Cracked my first homebrew last night, cream ale I brewed back at the beginning of April, seems a long time. Bottled on the 27th so I was expecting it to be a little under-done but I was quite pleased with the result. Had a nice level of carbonation, got a head on it that was good and solid but not overly voluminous. I hope it doesn't carb up too much more because I think it's at a really good level right now. The bitter astringent notes I got from the samples I took when putting it into primary and secondary are gone and I've got a nice smooth bitter ale. I'm quite happy with how this has gone and feeling some urgency to get my double IPA into bottles so I can see how that turns out.

Thanks to all the folks here on HBT who've posted something useful that I've read.

The liberty cream ale kit from midwest supplies. I've got one more in the fridge that I'm thinking about already. Going to leave the rest out of the fridge at least until this weekend.

congrats! thats the same kit i did for my first... probably going to bottle this weekend and might pop one open on the 4th.

I'd get a few bottles into the fridge for this weekend if I was you. I dont' know why, but having beer in the fridge for a few days can make a difference in carb properties and flavor, as opposed to just crash chilling for a couple of hours.

Holy crap!

Let me guess, you're not even brewing IPA's, just a lot of beer?

An IPA (or DIPA even better) is my style of choice but yeah, just planning on lots of different beers. Funny thing is my next two aren't even very hoppy, a raspberry wheat and saison.

I'd get a few bottles into the fridge for this weekend if I was you. I dont' know why, but having beer in the fridge for a few days can make a difference in carb properties and flavor, as opposed to just crash chilling for a couple of hours.

You've convinced me. I just put a few bombers in the garage fridge.

Not for one batch, no. That would be some kind of ridiculous atomic hop bomb, even byt the standards of what I like. Just decided that it was going to be a lot cheaper to order 3 lbs and have it on hand rather than picking up a couple ounces whenever I need it (we're still talking about hops right?). I ordered the hops that I liked and thought I would used the most in future brews.

I wish i had money to get that many hops lol. I got one batch under my belt and wana do more but funds dont alot me to. I myself did a cream ale for my first brew and it came out awesome. Congrats on the good brew man

Latest posts

Back