Raspberry seeds...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducas

Reaction score
So my newest brew is for my wedding, and I've put raspberries in the fermenter. It tastes delicious out of the primary! I can't wait to check it out in a couple weeks. The only thing I worry about is the fact that while bottling there was a bit of sediment that made it into some of the bottles. I think it's because I used frozen berries, some of which broke apart while in the bag. When I transferred them over, bits and pieces were so small that they made it through the siphon. I don't really mind, but I wanted to make sure it won't make anyone sick! Am I right to think it won't be such a big deal?

Next time I'm going to just sift through the bags to get the full berries instead of just dumping them all. But for now, I just want to be sure I don't have people barfing at my wedding...

Thanks!

the seeds should be fine whats more important is to have someone competent pouring your beers so that all the trub in the bottom of every bottle stays in the bottle and your guests don't drink it. but if they do it wouldn't be all bad or the end of the world, there would be no immediate effect but they may fart alot or have the runs the next day and thus a hell of a memory of your wedding!

In the future I'd be careful with the seeds, not every raspberry does it, but I had a case of frozen raspberries that I used to make a chunky compote for the hotel I worked at. It would taste great on day 1, then horribly tannic and burnt the next. I ended up narrowing it down to the seeds, because once I started straining them out the flavour stabilized.

Back