Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your Dad rides a Harley to work, and he has to drop you off at school for the first day of 2nd grade, you get to arrive as a 7 yo easy rider.
2BDE3737-C409-427F-ABB7-35D95EE057B8.jpeg

Little bro in the background has to ride to preschool in Mom’s boring Tahoe.

OOH, OOH, OOH.
Joni is gifted, but according to David Crosby a tough chick to have for an old lady.

"Imagine if you wrote a song, a really good song, and you sang it to her when she came home. And then she sang you three better songs that she wrote last night."

Todays harvest
It’s huckleberry season here in Montana (in the mountainous, western part of the state). Huckleberries are very close cousins to lingonberries. In the tourist towns around Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks there are, literally, dozens of shops selling huckleberry products. Jams, jellies, syrups, bakeries and restaurants offer huckleberry pies, and, of course, the most important part-huckleberry themed merchandise. Huckleberries are quite a cottage industry in those areas.

Do you guys use them as a side for any dishes? We eat meatballs with peas, mashed potatoes, cream gravy and lingonberry jam (homemade, the store bought garbage is way to sweet).
Some of the older Swedish families do. My maternal grandmother’s family were Swedes and they used huckleberries (when they could get them) in recipes that would have used lingonberries. When I was a kid (50-60 years ago) the Lutheran churches had annual fund raising dinners. The congregations were pretty evenly divided between Norwegians and Swedes, so these affairs always featured lutefisk for the Norwegians and meatballs for the Swedes. There was always a dish of jam on the tables but it was whatever was available. This area is a couple hundred miles from the mountains where huckleberries grow wild so products made from those berries aren’t as common.

I'm getting this error

error.jpg

trying to upload this file. saving from some webpage, it wants to save as a .webp extension. I change it to .jpg, but then get this error.

i opened it in mspaint, went to save it, it looks like it has a .heic extension. save it from paint, it finally gets a .jpg & allowed to upload

anyways... back to replying to the current topic

doc holiday.jpg

Back