Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did a PO’ed employee do it, or an efficient, self aware manager put it there?

2ADA81D9-1E93-47B5-8650-68CE057398B6.jpeg

I remember my first beer. . .
My dad and my grandpa were drinking outside. Right in front of the hot house. My grandma was an avid gardener. My dad let me taste his beer. I liked it. I kept asking for more. I almost drank half of it before my mom busted out my dad. I think I was about 8 years old. She was pissed at my dad. As far as I know it had little to no impact on me. That was around 1974 ish.

Later that night, my guess shortly after the beer.

I said good night to my grand father.... After he said it in Polish to me. "Dobranoc"

I said "Dunkin Donuts!" back to him.

https://en.bab.la/dictionary/polish-english/dobranoc

I don't remember that part, but my older sister does. She thought it was pretty funny.

Last edited:
I have memories of sipping my dad's Ballentine and Knickerbocker ales on occasion when very young but I can't remember my first legal beer never mind the first full illegal one :)

Cheers!

I remember Knickerbocker! That was my dad’s go to and my first beer.... maybe 4y/o?

I’ve been trying to find a clone, or the recipe just to try it again with no success.

I'm pretty sure my first beer was a sip or 2 stolen from my Grandfather's Buckeye Beer

but it also might have been sips from Dad's PBR after mowing the lawn

absolutely positive the first beer I got drunk on was my uncles' homebrew. I want to say I was 13, but that would mean the year was 1976 and 2 years before it was legal. I may have been 15

Buckeye also made a lager, until they sold the company, along with the recipe to Meister Brau. Meister Brau was a big seller, then they started making a Light version. Meister Brau was bought out by Miller Brewing, and they kept making it, keeping the recipe intact, but changing the spelling to Lite.

just can't go a day without dropping useless beer trivia on unsuspecting victims. but maybe this is the one platform & the one audience who appreciates useless beer trivia

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my first beer was a sip or 2 stolen from my Grandfather's Buckeye Beer

but it also might have been sips from Dad's PBR after mowing the lawn

absolutely positive the first beer I got drunk on was my uncles' homebrew. I want to say I was 13, but that would mean the year was 1976 and 2 years before it was legal. I may have been 15

Buckeye also made a lager, until they sold the company, along with the recipe to Meister Brau. Meister Brau was a big seller, then they started making a Light version. Meister Brau was bought out by Miller Brewing, and they kept making the Light version, keeping the recipe intact, but changing the spelling to Lite.

just can't go a day without dropping useless beer trivia on unsuspecting victims. but maybe this is the one platform & the one audience who appreciates useless beer trivia
Yeah, perfectly acceptable..... If you have a picture.
6d2925867ab3a44d866eaf8acb3a0c45_640x640.jpeg

During my years in England, a favorite starter course I discovered at fancy dinners was Whitebait. Tiny little fish battered and deep fried whole, served with aioli. I suppose the coating made them look more appetizing than naked minnows. And couldn't tell what part of the crunch was batter and what part was roly poly fish heads. Now I think about it, it hits me what that was: not fish and chips, just fish chips....

Actually doesn't look that bad. Anchovies in mac & cheese are pretty good.

Not sure I've ever ate a minnow though.

I was mostly trying to be funny, but then I did get a bit nervous I might be making fun of someone's dinner.

I have to admit I have eaten deep fried smelt that weren't much bigger and they were fine. I have also eaten something that looked like dried neon tetra at a Korean restaurant and they tasted fine too.

Last edited:
Back