Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a FB app that hides political discussions, and that worked fairly well for a time. Now, unfortunately, people post those memes and gif-text things that the app can't read, and now I see them.

I've told one friend exactly what you said: I want to hear about your life, not your political opinions. I'm on the verge of unfollowing him.

I use the F.B.Purity browser add-in on my computer. I couldn't stomach FB without it. It lets me completely hide the FB "news" pane, filter by type (memes, food photos, etc.), and filter by keyword. My keyword filter list includes the names of politicians, political parties, and other annoying things that I just don't want in my FB feed. On average it filters out 9 posts for every one it lets through.

It's not available as a phone app. So I deleted FB from my phone, and only check FB when I'm on my computer. Problem solved.

Deleted my F.B. account years ago, and block them at the DNS level, problem solved. I know way too much about their internal operations to know that I don't want them knowing anything about me. Google is very similar but much more difficult to block due to G-suite work apps, but, there are ways... :cask:

I use the F.B.Purity browser add-in on my computer. I couldn't stomach FB without it. It lets me completely hide the FB "news" pane, filter by type (memes, food photos, etc.), and filter by keyword. My keyword filter list includes the names of politicians, political parties, and other annoying things that I just don't want in my FB feed. On average it filters out 9 posts for every one it lets through.
My FIL fell and hit his head at work a few years ago and his brain function has deteriorated massively since then. Ever since the last election he has posted the most bizarre political rants several times a week. If I didn't know about the accident, I'd swear he had rabies! I've seriously considered blocking him but it sounds like this add-in could be even better. Thanks!

I don’t remember taking this picture. Bad memory due to age or suppressed memory Due to trauma?........either way, I’ll bet it was a fun weekend!
2327C489-1F41-4EAB-BAA6-07C2DABD0C83.jpeg

I've had a thing for flappers since I was too young to know what to do with them.

Sometimes I think I should have been born in the late 1890/1900s. Maybe I'm reincarnated or some **** from back in those days.

when i was 12 i had a thing for a 20 something girl...she had a long hair boyfriend, i thought i could take him, lol...(pot smoker, i started homebrewing at age 18, so i probably could have! :D)

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I briefly lived in this ancient mobile home on an AF base. 20 miles from anywhere, and if you wanted to go anywhere, you were walking. So I had this BB pistol that looked like a .45. I would lay on my bed and shoot flies on the walls and ceiling. (Yes, extremely bored!) It would put a small dent in the wood paneling, with a starburst of fly legs around the dents.
Remember, spiders are juicier.

I like to annoy all my FB friends by doing something they cannot comprehend, tolerate, or envision ever possibly doing themselves.

I call them on the phone and have an actual conversation.

Freaks 'em right out.

Annoys my kids too. Bonus points.

my god you mean, i have to have empathy! lol

View attachment 649271 Long before the first Weinermobile, the Billings Brewery, in Billings, MT had the Beer
Bottle car. The car featured a large icebox from which beer was served. This was in about 1910.
Well if you get that AND the Wienermobile to show up, then your in business!

I “appropriated” the Beer Bottle Car picture from a social media post. This piqued my curiosity about the fate of the Billings Brewing Co. One of the links a search turned up was to this written in 1971 by a grad student at the U of M.

If you have an hour to kill, this guy’s paper is probably a pretty good, representative, account of what became of most local breweries in the decades following the repeal of Prohibition.

Apologies in advance for being as insufferable now as I was back when the Caps were playing for The Cup

sotos HR.jpg

Last edited:
Back