Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a simple cell phone picture of tonight's SpaceX launch of the SAOCOM 1A satellite aboard the Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg AFB, taken from our house ~30 miles away. Shown are two distinct lights, one is the main rocket, (lower light), the other is the first stage, having already separated and beginning its return to VAFB for a successful landing. To see it live, even at 30 miles away, was amazing. It lit up the night sky. Also heard a sonic boom upon the first stage's reentry and landing.

20181007_192459b.jpg

On a whim went to shell beach to watch the sun set with the kids and walk the dogs and got to see it! Was an awesome surprise!

If they leave beer and briscut on the porch don't eat or drink it,.... otherwise you'll be roofied and getting the Bill Cosby treatment.

View attachment 591989

I know it's not the right thread, but that picture reminds me of a joke I heard over 40 years ago.

A little girl goes to visit her aunt with her mother (they are sisters).

She saw the female dog dragging its butt on the carpet.

She asks her aunt: What's wrong with the dog?

Not knowing what her sister has told her about sex, she says: The dog has gas.

A little while later the dog gets out.

Looking out the window the girl sees the dogs locked up back to back (your picture) and says: Look auntie. Your dog ran out of gas and the neighbor's dog is towing it home. :yes:

“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
― John F. Kennedy

to all my shipmates out there, it was an honor to serve with you.

Happy 243st Birthday to the U.S. Navy!

full disclosure: this picture was taken 5 or 6 years AFTER I got out. Halloween '98 or '99, I dressed as my salty war hero squidly self

probably the last time my Cracker Jacks actually fit

1910049_55662557007_9168_n.jpg

Does that help much with the wind?

Yes, it does. When I move all the lines to 1 hook it wraps around the smoker leaving a slit for my digital temperature controller.

FYI: It's a 8 x 8 Welding Blanket from Harbor Freight. I folded it in half with the grommets tied together. The dark areas on top are from the smokers exhaust vent.

Yes, it does. When I move all the lines to 1 hook it wraps around the smoker leaving a slit for my digital temperature controller.

FYI: It's a 8 x 8 Welding Blanket from Harbor Freight. I folded it in half with the grommets tied together. The dark areas on top are from the smokers exhaust vent.
Might have to try that this winter. I usually use my shed to block the wind but it only does an okay job. This seems way better

Don't know, but I thought the picture was cool... Many here:

http://cooldiyideas.com/diy-meat-smokers/

I've been to that site before. I don't own a truck (for the supplies), but I really want to make a portable (pull apart) outhouse for my smoker so I can wheel it in and out as needed.

PSA: I remember reading something about the chemicals on the surface of the metal trash cans. A long burn off was recommended I don't recall seeing a follow up article about any toxic op the cans, only speculation.

Back