Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg

My first manual was three on the tree, and the shift indicator was broken. Just had to know what gear I was in.

Of course, most bikes are still like this, except for the neutral indicator.

I don't believe in "time"

oh, yeah, sure... as a natural construct, the fourth dimension of what we call reality, a means to separate non-simultaneous events occurring in the same space

but as a man-made construct, dividing up those separate events, no.

tl;dr OH SNIT! I'm late to work again. what excuse can I use this time?

The clock was fvcking with you and went lefty on you. Meaning the minute hand and hour hand swapped and it switched to Roman numerals.

114178fa4095fd42969e0a3899628dfe--clock-faces-vintage-clocks.jpeg

My first car had 3 on the tree. It's clutch pedal had to come off the floor almost 3 inches before the transmission engaged. What a PITA if you were on a hill. Let it up too slow and the car would roll, to fast and it stalled.

And did any of those vehicles have the hi beam switch on the floor to step on, right beside the clutch. In snow boots, you could flash your hi beams, push in the clutch and lock up the breaks all with one boot.
iu

b8a8ac7205f550c458c16d54ae7e93c0.jpg

Three on the tree, baby!

A friend of mine converted his '55 Chevy pickup to have four on the tree to use with a 4-speed tranny he took out of a Camero (?) The shift pattern was identical to what would be if mounted on the floor, with the difference of reverse. To engage reverse you had to shift to neutral and then pull the manual choke lever fully out ... yep, you read that right - reverse was engaged from the manual choke lever.

He always parked his truck nose down at home, noting it would be impossible for anybody to steal without knowing how to put it into reverse.

An avid tinkerer, he also rebuilt the manual foot pedal starter lever assembly into an electrical switch so he could start the repurposed 302 using it's more modern starter motor.

When station in Germany (80's) I drove a Ford Taunus with 4 speed on the column. Fun to drive once you got used to it.

My favorite sniglet was 'glackit'. That's the little rattley thing in a can of spray paint.

LOL! I remember back in the 60s...yes, I remember...there was a band (actually 2 bands) called "The NAZZ" or just "NAZZ" One band was with Todd Rundgren and the other became Alice Cooper (Vincent Furnier).

I remember hearing (on the radio) that they got their name from the ball inside a spray paint can. But I have never did find it under that name. Most places call it a "pea", but others list it as a glass marble.

(Yes, all of that is from my memory).

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazz

Back