Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poppers for the win! Caught some really nice smallies and even a few walleye on a recent trip to Voyagers National park.

Attachments

• 19051 (2).jpeg
    19051 (2).jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 19047 (3).jpeg
    19047 (3).jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
Fishing floaters - or other top-water lures - is always the most fun one can have fishing imo. Whether quietly drifting a small dry caddis fly or chugging a big popper, the anticipation of a surface strike gets the adrenaline going. I probably missed or unhooked as many as I brought to hand today but even those were a rush 😊

Just learned about Ophelia. Hopefully she'll be burned out before Monday...

Cheers!

Random cool stuff I forgot:

Right as I was launching the boat there was a building roar in the sky behind me that eventually got loud enough to warrant a glance: I saw a pair of F-35s, presumably Vt ANG, playing tag in the mountains. Years ago they were doing the same with F-16s, often refueling right over our house.

A couple hours later I was in a hot spot catching-wise and kept hearing a rustling overhead but was focused on the catching at hand.

The ruckus finally garnered a moment of my full attention - whereupon I saw a mature bald eagle maybe 30 feet above me, hopping from tree to tree to see if what I was catching might be available for its lunch. The moment it saw me watching it took flight up river.

Baldies and Goldens are actually pretty common above Moore Dam - plenty of documented nesting - so I'm a wee bit jaded, but still coming eye to eye with a bald eagle gilded a pretty good day...

Cheers!

got the new solar driveway floodlight installed yesterday. not a small feat given it's atop a 20' pole.

1695484201826.png

Sure wish I had access to a JLG or bucket-lift truck, but heavy-duty extension ladders was all we had. Worked like a champ last night with regular 30% dim mode dusk-dawn, and full on bright when the motion sensor is triggered

1695484381747.png

it was just a quick grab-shot, so whatever auto setting my iPhone12 decided was appropriate.

I can check on what star that was tonight using a star navigation app, and report back
I got a moon set on Thursday from my iPhone 12 too. Incredible what they can do.
IMG_8228.jpeg

Back