Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct, 2001 Skoda Octavia with the 2L 8v I4.

Attachments

• IMG_20230827_201753.jpg
    IMG_20230827_201753.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
We live north of you @corkybstewart in the Southern Rockies (directly west of LaJara, CO up the Alamosa river). We go through ~25# of sugar/week keeping 10-15 feeders filled. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 hummingbirds. Presently our hummers are moving out... migrating south. The Rufus have been gone for a couple of weeks and the Broadtails are migrating as well. We are down to 10-15 and only 6 feeders. Love watching them!

We live north of you @corkybstewart in the Southern Rockies (directly west of LaJara, CO up the Alamosa river). We go through ~25# of sugar/week keeping 10-15 feeders filled. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 hummingbirds. Presently our hummers are moving out... migrating south. The Rufus have been gone for a couple of weeks and the Broadtails are migrating as well. We are down to 10-15 and only 6 feeders. Love watching them!
Pictures or it didn’t happen?

Love this! My feeder was trashed by raccoons :( a few years ago and I haven’t attempted it again. Of course, I’d like to place the feeder where I can see the birds.
I have 2 on my sitting porch, one outside the bedroom window and another outside the living room window.

Harvest 2023 is officially over. The last pass.
View attachment 828396
I thought you were retired. Guess the new guy you hired from Arizona didn't work out. ;)

Did the smoke from the fires in Canada causing farmers to lose their grain harvests? There were vineyards in California that lost grapes from smoke damage a couple years back, seems like grain could get smoke damaged too.

The heirloom toms have been coming in like crazy this week!

heirlooms.jpg

The local Shaws lists heirloom tomatoes at $4.99 a pound so that right there is close to $45!
Anyway, along with giving some away we're coming up with all kinds of ways to eat 'em. Besides tomato sammiches we've had Panzanellas (yum!), Capriccios, and similar salads like this...

tomsalad.jpg

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back