Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@John475 on the Name That Skyline thread reminded me of this picture.
JB Bridge in 1967:
JB Bridge 1967.png

I've dove the Blue Hole on Long Island in the Bahamas - purported to be over 600 feet to the bottom - and it was hella clear for at least a couple hundred feet down. This must be incredibly clear water - but it doesn't have to deal with tides and rotting coral, either...

View attachment 723348
The Bahamas has some amazing clear water. I have sailed over the Great Bahamas Bank a few times and even though it is about 20 ft deep for 60 miles or so, it was so clear it was like sailing in air.

@John475 on the Name That Skyline thread reminded me of this picture.
JB Bridge in 1967:
View attachment 723094

Nice picture. Grew up about a mile from there. Could hear the tugboats on the Mississippi when sitting outside on a humid St. Louis evening :) Ran out of gas smack dab in the middle of that thing once in high school too!

Our ca. 1963, two-story, Fridgidaire stove, and the wall oven in the kitchen, are getting quite a workout this week. My wife and DIL are making pies for a fundraiser for the swim team one of our grandsons is on. Eighteen apple pies yesterday, nine blueberry and eleven triple berry pies today. We have quite a production line going.
1821AFF1-EECA-4DFA-A1BA-018BC2723761.jpeg

I'm f'n impressed that thing still works... that's what was in my house when they built it, died ALONG time ago. I just built a shelft where the top part went to keep spices and such handy.

I have an old friend in NYC living in the house his parents left him with a range like that.
To me it's as cool as an Edsel - which I always thought was cool :D

Cheers!

lmao! ^that^ hits very close to home :D

When I finally accommodated The Spousal Unit's request to gut the kitchen and dining room to the studs and subflooring and start over, we discovered the original backsplash tiles were avocado but had been covered with a layer of subway tiles (before their time, mind you - this was 1988). I found a similar paradigm in the shared bath - the classic Harvest Gold scheme had been buried under a layer of blue-on-white tree tiling.

Woof. Soo glad that's all behind us :)

Cheers!

big question is: do you still have avacado counter tops or harvest gold?!
Actually, that stove is in my brew space in the basement, next to my 1949 Hotpoint ferm fridge and about 8 feet from my ‘57 Chevy turquoise GE kegerator. We got the stove from my wife’s college roommate (who is married to one of my college roommates) about 20 years ago. She called my wife and asked if we had any use for an old stove that still worked as they were remodeling their kitchen. Said we could have it if we came to visit for a weekend. So, we hauled it home and planted it in the basement. It probably gets used a couple of times a month and everything works except the clock. The self cleaning feature on the lower oven even works but has to be turned on and off manually due to the busted clock.

I’ve been thinking about expanding my collection of old, colorful, appliances by acquiring another fridge for lagering and storing kegged beer waiting to move to the kegerator. I can’t decide between Harvest Gold or Coppertone. Maybe I should start a poll...

2nd Moderna Day for The Spousal Unit and I :rock: Nice day for it, too - looked like the Revolution were having an intersquad scrimmage down there.
When we were there exactly four Wednesdays ago the field was being stripped down to the dirt. I need those guys to do my lawn :D

gillette_02_sm.jpg

moderna_on_board_edit.jpg

Roughly 30 minutes later I actually had a 15 second period of light-headedness that gave me pause - as I was still rolling along a couple miles from home - but nothing since...🤞

2nd Moderna Day for The Spousal Unit and I :rock: Nice day for it, too - looked like the Revolution were having an intersquad scrimmage down there.
When we were there exactly four Wednesdays ago the field was being stripped down to the dirt. I need those guys to do my lawn :D

View attachment 724101

View attachment 724102

Roughly 30 minutes later I actually had a 15 second period of light-headedness that gave me pause - as I was still rolling along a couple miles from home - but nothing since...🤞
I had Moderna in Jan/Feb. No issue with first. Second gave me full-on flu symptoms about 12 hours after the shot that lasted for 12 hours and then stopped abruptly. Chills, aches, fatigue, nausea, headache and ringing in the ears. No fever at all tho. It was pretty weird. I know of quite a few people who felt fatigue but nobody who got symptoms like mine. I missed a day of work. Most had no problem at all other than a sore arm. Makes me think the real virus might have eaten my lunch.

View attachment 724101

View attachment 724102

I had the same thing happen to me today. About an hour after my second shot I suddenly got hit by a wave of lightheadedness. Just long enough to make me think "ok here we go" and then it passed. Nothing since, my arm even feels better than the first one.

Thanks to those who had similar brief weird experiences with the C-19 shots. Reassuring.

Wanna know something extra weird though? At this very moment, my left shoulder is suddenly sore (shot #1) while my right shoulder (shot #2) has no idea there's been anything going on today :D

Last edited:
Back