Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to move on.....
I questioned a deleted post once. Received an explanation. Done.
Let's not beat this dead horse...….

IMG_4882.JPG

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji481]

Thread closed down temporarily to give everyone more time to think before posting.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Jatoba and Jarrah, both different kinds of eucalyptus. The red one is extremely dense, hard, heavy and dulls up any cutting edge tools quick. On the other hand should be virtually unbreakable once done. Oh and black veneer sandwitched in between for flare.

I get most of my eucalyptus from local tree trimming and tree removal activities. Can be a very "lively" wood!

My latest endeavor is to gather enough local desert ironwood to make a rolltop desk. Very tough to find sizeable pieces that are not riddled with splits.

These are from a flooring company, they outsourced a shipping container full of planks to a local school to plane for them, which they effed up royally, so they pretty much gave them away to their workers whoever wanted em. Got an STW full from one of them, oak, red oak, jatoba, jarrah, rosegum and walnut. Oh and a small correction, that light wood is rosegum not jatoba (I think Americans call jatoba Brazilian Cherry)

Back