Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how_to_tie_a_perfect_man_bun._6490773395.jpg

Nice pic Lou! You have a solar telescope? Placed the cell phone lens on the eyepice. All there was to it.View attachment 580580

Thanks! And indeed I do! Old 8” Celestron with its tracking tripod. Also, the solar filter, of course! Makes those eclipse photos waay easier. And same deal here too! The scope was set up with an adapter to a Nikon F2 body shooting film, so I just put my phone up to the eyepiece! Also had a D5100 on a 127mm scope shooting digital for the totality (didn’t want to mess with exposure settings during the event!) and got some good stuff there too
IMG_4776.JPG

Almost forgot! Nice scope, too! I think mine’s very similar, just a few generations older! Mid 90’s, iirc. Your tracking system looks WAY better than mine...

is that an old marine diesel somebody is/was modding?
It is from a generator that powered an old ceramics factory here. The generator is off to the left. This area has been converted into an arts an crafts shopping area. This is a relic they set up for display.

Nice set up.:bravo:
Thanks! This 11in has tons-o-potential. Once All the house stuff ends will look more into it. Winter is awesome in the northern hemisphere.
Thanks! And indeed I do! Old 8” Celestron with its tracking tripod. Also, the solar filter, of course! Makes those eclipse photos waay easier. And same deal here too! The scope was set up with an adapter to a Nikon F2 body shooting film, so I just put my phone up to the eyepiece! Also had a D5100 on a 127mm scope shooting digital for the totality (didn’t want to mess with exposure settings during the event!) and got some good stuff there too
View attachment 580594
I had a 10in Meade LX200 with t-adapter and bought a Cannon for photography. Got some basic photos but never went head on myself. Sad the best pics were from my cell phone tho. [emoji19]

Back