Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not drunk... yet... so my team lead, co-worker and mostly friend got laid off suddenly today. all of us completely f'n blindsided by the news. we we're already shorthanded and this is just insult to injury... I'm am so f'n over corp america and all the BS...

I'm am so f'n over corp america and all the BS...

bt/dt, finally reached my limit in 2009. Went independent and landed a 10 year gig that paid great and let me work out of my home office with virtually zero travel and almost no interfacing with "humans" aside from the guy that hired me. Retired in March 2019 on my own terms just in time to enjoy the pandemic :oops:

Cheers! (can't win 'em all ;))

The last company I worked for let us work from home at least 2 days a week, paid good, and I had a good boss. Unfortunately the owner decided that moving our work (dispatching) to India would save him plenty of $$ so we got laid off. My current job pays me more than I've ever been paid before, but it's a very large corporation (that also rents trucks, and rhymes with spider) that is BIG on stupid pointless training videos and something called 'culture' and emails starting with 'Hey Team' which drives my business letter-trained self up the proverbial wall. And my boss thinks Ted Lasso should be canonized. At my last job I could sit on HBT all day with no repercussions, at this place I can't even use their guest wifi to play pandora on my personal phone. Yes I know, security and all that jazz. But I just wanted to vent. Oh look, beer.

@seatazzz , having last worked 15yr in IT at a smallish company, I was always horrified/miffed/angered/bewildered by the dual standards we were tasked with upholding internet usage for higher ups vs lower downs. Internet filters and reports and blacklists were abundant and cruelly enforced - for only certain worker types. Because if the VPs couldn't get their stock price feeds and youtube videos all hell would break loose. But let someone get caught streaming Spotify, all hell the other way broke loose. It was a nutty time. And Chrome used to have a free VPN extension that humorously neutered all the filters. Besides, as you so aptly put it, oh look, beer.

this pops up every time I open my email. & not just open my email... I have it running on a workstation at my boss' house, I RDP into it. when I minimize the Remote window & come back to it, ****ing Yahoo wants me to sign back in to an application I already have open

makes that "stay signed in" option pretty ****ing useless, don'tcha think?

1692276390286.png

^^ I have the same problem with my mail account. Im syre theres a way to turn it off i just dont know how. A search fpund a couple suggestions. Nothing has worked to date. Very frustrating.

Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

1692792574957.png

Things that make me go, "huh?"

When nobody goes into the basement
When the room temp is fairly stable
When the exotherm from a newly brewed batch hasn't really yet started
And the temperature does a funky chicken
1694278542419.png

If you enable the State trace it might provide a hint: BPR may have been calling for Cooling but the fridge may have been in defrost mode. I see that quite often...

Cheers!

If you enable the State trace it might provide a hint: BPR may have been calling for Cooling but the fridge may have been in defrost mode. I see that quite often...

Cheers!
thanks but you have to remember I'm a ludditatious troglodyte using STC+ to maintain SetPoint, while BrewPiRemix is just logging. Imma get a Pi some day. Soon. Really.

Things that make me go, "huh?"

When nobody goes into the basement
When the room temp is fairly stable
When the exotherm from a newly brewed batch hasn't really yet started
And the temperature does a funky chicken
View attachment 828913
Looks to me like you might have a demon helping you watch out for fermentation, warming it up.

For Chrome users who woke up this morning to find their bookmark bar grew an incredibly stupid "All Bookmarks" appendage, it can be removed by opening the about://flags page and setting "Power bookmarks side panel" to Disabled.

Cheers!

Me, making a pediatrician appt for my 5 year old son.
Receptionist: “What’s his birth year?”
Me: “17”
Them: “2017 or….?”
Me: “Oh yes. 2017.”
In my head: No, 1817. We’ll make the arduous journey to your office in our covered wagon.

Latest posts

Back