Ranco ETC111000-000 controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilroy

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am posting this in the equip thread, but if it needs to be in the keg thread please move it.

I have just purchased a controller etc111000-000.

I am comfortable putting the thing together, but I really do not know what I need to buy to get the thing working.

If some of you kind folks out there could take a pic of your controller, and post it here, I would really appreciate it.

I did do a search with google, and found the internal wiring instructions, but I am just a tad more confused than usual as to what the finished product looks like.

Thanks
Andrew

All I had to buy along with the unwired controller was a 6ft heavy duty extension cord that I cut in half and used for in and out on the controller.

Okay - thanks -
If you have a picture - it still makes it a lot easier. They do say that 1 picture is worth 1000 words.

THanks
Andrew

I just see little red x's on the pics - and I really cannot afford to screw up the wiring and blow these things up.

OK - I just poked around at my Ranco a little - I took some pics so you can see how mine is wired. I tined the ends of my wire so it would stay put.

One big correction: On the load - as you can see from the pic of the spec plate (which is inside the controller) the NO contacts have way more capacity than the NC contacts - so you can't even come close to using the heater element on the NC contacts. Also, for a resistive load (FLA & LRA are for motors, RES is for resistive loads) the capacity of the NO contact is 15amps, which would be 15*120=1800watts max.

Don't know if this helps at all, but some pics:

ranco_spec.jpg

ranco_wired.jpg

NOTE: WIRE ON THE LEFT IS THE LOAD

Looks like they work.

Back