Ran out of bottles w beer left

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampcreek

Reaction score
What can I do with a gallon of beer and no bottles? Stella bottles won't fit my capper and that was half of my bottles

Drink it?

Or quickly find a bunch of pry offs. Does your state have a deposit? You may be able to pick up 12 bottles for cheap or go buy a 12 pack and call your friends. Or try a local craft beer bar.

Nah I live in the woods of south ga. Can I just put it in the fridge till tomorrow? They don't sell beer on sunday in georgia.

Nah I live in the woods of south ga. Can I just put it in the fridge till tomorrow? They don't sell beer on sunday in georgia.

It might not work out too well- the priming sugar may or may not ferment out. If it was me, and I couldn't find any 2L soda bottles or 1L soda bottles, I'd let stick the airlock on the lid of the bottling bucket and let it ferment for a week, then reprime and bottle next weekend.

it might not work out too well- the priming sugar may or may not ferment out. If it was me, and i couldn't find any 2l soda bottles or 1l soda bottles, i'd let stick the airlock on the lid of the bottling bucket and let it ferment for a week, then reprime and bottle next weekend.

+1

It might not work out too well- the priming sugar may or may not ferment out. If it was me, and I couldn't find any 2L soda bottles or 1L soda bottles, I'd let stick the airlock on the lid of the bottling bucket and let it ferment for a week, then reprime and bottle next weekend.

Yooper to the rescue!

Just be sure when you reprime you do it with an appropriate amount of priming sugar for the volume left.

Back