Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder. Please put your HBT Username in the comments or subject field.

6 people left to pony up the cash (according to the spreadsheet). Hopefully Reel will get all the money over the weekend and be able to order on Monday. Woohoo!

So, 55lbs of grain will fit in 2-5 gallon buckets? I was thinking it would take a trash can. I considered getting one of those outdoor cans and putting liners in it. I may wait until the grain is here to decide.

So, 55lbs of grain will fit in 2-5 gallon buckets? I was thinking it would take a trash can. I considered getting one of those outdoor cans and putting liners in it. I may wait until the grain is here to decide.

Depending on the size, an outdoor trashcan would probably hold 3 - 4 sacks pretty easily. 2 buckets will fit about 1 sack with maybe 5 lbs left over. I found that if you shake the buckets and tamp them down, it will hold almost all of it.

You might not even need to do anything special. You bought a whole sack to yourself, so you get to take the sack on pick up day. I've kept grain in just the sack in the hallway closet in my house for 2-3 months and it was fine.

Heck, the stuff has probably been sitting in a silo for a while anyway.

You might not even need to do anything special. You bought a whole sack to yourself, so you get to take the sack on pick up day. I've kept grain in just the sack in the hallway closet in my house for 2-3 months and it was fine.

Heck, the stuff has probably been sitting in a silo for a while anyway.

If you decide to store in the sack for a while, just make sure that the interior plastic liner of the bag isn't ripped open like one of mine from the last batch was.

Payment sent! It hurt a little bit, but you can't argue with how much you save doing it this way.

And again thanks to everyone who helped organize this.

Oh I forgot to include my hbt name like a *******, I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet. My email is paid at 10:30 ish.

No problem, got it, updated the spreadsheet. Might want to remove your email if you value anonymity. Or not.

Three more yet to pay.

sweet! So if you order this thing this weekend, when will the grains (potentially) be here, and further is the pickup usually the day of delivery?

Reel, you working today? Are you going to wiat for the echeck to clear before ordering? I was thinking you could even order today if the last 3 pay. Give us an extra day for shipping/receiving/distribution, but it's all up to you sir.

sweet! So if you order this thing this weekend, when will the grains (potentially) be here, and further is the pickup usually the day of delivery?

In the past it has been, but I'll have to work out the pickup day with the brewery since they don't want us in the brewhouse if they are brewing. Just too much going on and too much liability for them.

Reel, you working today? Are you going to wiat for the echeck to clear before ordering? I was thinking you could even order today if the last 3 pay. Give us an extra day for shipping/receiving/distribution, but it's all up to you sir.

I'm at home today enjoying day 1 of a 4-day weekend. No offense to Marc06, but I'd feel more comfortable waiting until the e-check clears. Based on past experience, that usually takes no more than 3 business days. But Monday is a holiday.

Fellow Grabassaholics -

I am so excited about this grain buy!

I sat last night in the man cave ( I have a hella nice work shop ) and while slowly slamming a sample of my first barleywine , and dreams of the purely monstrous brews i can make from my order jumped around in my head.

I think I will make an Imperial Marris Otter Smash, just for shytes and giggles.

I make my brown ale with 6 row - with the sack I have coming I think I could brew 42 gallons of that bad little baby.

And 110 lbs of 2 row?!? Hmm.. good thing I have about 6 pounds of hops pellets in the second beer fridge - I see some type of evil high IBU mouth numbing brewhemouth - right now I have a 152 IBU Honey Ale in secondary dryhopping on 4 ozs of Cascade - I'm thinking that is gonna have to be, dare I say it - DOUBLED!

Thanks for letting me play. Future group brew day at my spread out in the country for those who want to brew in the wide open, without any houses in view - just beer, brewing and god's green earth - I'll start working the details out and let you guys know.

Reel, are we still waiting an someone else to pay or are we just waiting for the echecks to clear?

Still waiting on the last two. I'm picking-up brewbears $ this p.m.

Whew !! I wasn't the last one... Sorry that took so long, tied up with family in town -
I can just imagine you standing at the airport in your swimming trunks waiting for my payment ...

I'll now proceed to PM you every 15 minutes to ask if it's here yet :)

Whew !! I wasn't the last one... Sorry that took so long, tied up with family in town -
I can just imagine you standing at the airport in your swimming trunks waiting for my payment ...

I'll now proceed to PM you every 15 minutes to ask if it's here yet :)

No problem. And I trust you guys, I'm already on the plane!

I thought you guys were brewing today?

foltster, stimulus, and idahodal are brewing at Dal's today at some point. Apparently stim and dal decided to get started early last night around 11 and brewed all night. Dal thought he might have used round up instead of starsan so it sounds like they had a good time! Considering Dal didn't get up till 3 yesterday, it'll probably be a while before they get started. Not sure if I'm gonna make it over there today or not. Depends on what SWMBO has planned for me I guess.

Back