Racked to Secondary a bit High

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianmc27

Reaction score
I did a slightly modified version of Yoopers Dead Guy Clone and got an OG of 1.066. I checked the gravity after a week and it was at 1.024, a bit high. I checked it again a week later (by now it's been fermenting for 2 weeks) and it was at 1.022. I used WLP060, the American Ale Yeast blend, which should have an attenuation of 72-80%. Right now i'm at an attenuation of 67%. I racked into the secondary hoping it would come down to 1.018 (72.7%) but I'm not confident it will. Is it okay? What should I do?

let it ride for a couple weeks, my last DG clone had a krausen for almost 3 weeks it was a slow ferment as I had the temps pretty low it finally came to 78 percent attenution and i kegged it very tasty well worth the wait.

i originally thought this was a reference to some medicinal herb... :off:
maybe let it sit for a few weeks. If there is no change in gravity since you racked, maybe add a sprinkle of some neutral dry yeast?

Back