Racist Toddlers in England!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Britain is turning into the most un British country I know.

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.
This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.
The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

Next thing they'll be putting booties on feet of bomb sniffing dogs so as not to offend the occupants suspected of terrorism. Oh wait, they've already done that. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4276489.ece

I know someone that works at a preschool here in NYC and things aren't any better, you should see the ridiculous guidelines the health dept has. the size and shape of the area where kids keep there coats/spare clothes is specially designed so that lice cant jump from one coat to the next, the epi-pens kept on hand for allergy problems have to be kept in a specially locked cabinet instead of in the class room so teachers cant get to them in a timely fashion. theres more I cant remember.

It doesn't matter if it's a foreign food or not. When my kids were that age they'd scoff at most anything put in front of them that they hadn't tried before. I have no idea how that could be considered to have anything to do with future racist behavior.

Crazy ass Brits (except Orfy, of course :D)

It doesn't matter if it's a foreign food or not. When my kids were that age they'd scoff at most anything put in front of them that they hadn't tried before. I have no idea how that could be considered to have anything to do with future racist behavior.

Crazy ass Brits (except Orfy, of course :D)

And me! :D

Oh wait, I'm American now!!

Crazy ass Brits!!! :rockin:

For chrissakes, enough is enough. I think the US is a bit too accomodating at times, but this really takes the cake. If turning your nose up at a certain food is racismn, my 5 year old daughter who doesn't eat 90% of the things we prepare must be the child spokesperson for white power (oh, wait she doesn't like alot of American food either). Guess I need to sit her down and figure out why she hates everyone so much.

You don't know how bad it is getting.

Gordon is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Listen to this one.

He says if food production in the world was reduced by 30% then global warming would end and we could create much more biofuel to replace oil.

Yeh, that would be good.

He also states that the average household in the UK wastes 30% of it's food.
That may also be true.

So how does Gordon propse to solve all the world's problems.

Stop supermarkets doing buy one get one free offers.

The guy's a fruit loop.

AND he wants me to pay more for gas food and electricity.

I'm beginning to hate him.

You don't know how bad it is getting.

Gordon is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Listen to this one.

He says if food production in the world was reduced by 30% then global warming would end and we could create much more biofuel to replace oil.

Yeh, that would be good.

He also states that the average household in the UK wastes 30% of it's food.
That may also be true.

So how does Gordon propse to solve all the world's problems.

Stop supermarkets doing buy one get one free offers.

The guy's a fruit loop.

AND he wants me to pay more for gas food and electricity.

I'm beginning to hate him.

You guys are going to get squeezed way more and way sooner on the global warming scam than we are. I think you need to revolt.

Holy nuts! It does seem like things are getting a bit out of hand over there. What's next, arresting kids who badmouth hybrid vehicles?

Orfy, I'm confused. Isn't Top Gear about the most popular show in the UK? Those guys, particularly Clarkson, are often very un-PC and crude and, well, say things you wouldn't get away with on American TV (BBC America does cut certain bits out when re-airing here). The fact that everyone loves Clarkson's ideas and attitude seems to conflict with people going along with absurd ideas like toddlers being racist for not liking curry.

While it's true that there are a LOT of stupid policies that get implemented over there, it is even more true that the British press will pick up on any little thing that some organisation is only beginning to possibly think about discussng, and blow it all out of proportion. The press in Britain is extremely sensationalist and will always focus on the most absurd aspects of a new policy or suggestion of a policy. Read that article again, and you will see that this report focuses on the more absurd part of the proposal in the headline, but the report "went on to" the food issue after the more obvious common sense issue of racial name calling.

"It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".
The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

The food reference was propably hidden away in Paragraph 67 subsection C.

I'm not saying it ain't stupid, but the appalling quality of the British press should never be overlooked when reading these articles.

I'm not saying it ain't stupid, but the appalling quality of the British press should never be overlooked when reading these articles.

Thanks for the insight. Now that you mention it I think I have heard that most Brit newspapers are considered tabloids. Well, they sure know how to get reactions from people, that's for sure.

Thanks for the insight. Now that you mention it I think I have heard that most Brit newspapers are considered tabloids. Well, they sure know how to get reactions from people, that's for sure.

Yep! That's how they sell papers. Hyperbole, over-reaction, and ladie's bare boobies. ;) In a nutshell.

Having said all that, the Telegraph is considered one of the BEST!! But that article reads nothing like the Telegraph from a few years back. It is a conservative paper taking shots at a liberal government. Liberal papers will do the same to a conservative government (Just to put it into it's true context) It seems the press are spiralling ever more downward on all sides. :(

While it's true that there are a LOT of stupid policies that get implemented over there, it is even more true that the British press will pick up on any little thing that some organisation is only beginning to possibly think about discussng, and blow it all out of proportion. The press in Britain is extremely sensationalist and will always focus on the most absurd aspects of a new policy or suggestion of a policy. Read that article again, and you will see that this report focuses on the more absurd part of the proposal in the headline, but the report "went on to" the food issue after the more obvious common sense issue of racial name calling.

"It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".
The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

The food reference was propably hidden away in Paragraph 67 subsection C.

I get what you're saying about the press (you may have noticed the US has a bit of this problem as well ;)), but to me the absurdity isn't a few words on food, or name-calling, or any other topic. It's that some group had enough free time and government funding to come up with a 366-page book on this topic. The very fact that there might be a "Paragraph 67 subsection C" is what's absurd.

I get what you're saying about the press (you may have noticed the US has a bit of this problem as well ;)), but to me the absurdity isn't a few words on food, or name-calling, or any other topic. It's that some group had enough free time and government funding to come up with a 366-page book on this topic. The very fact that there might be a "Paragraph 67 subsection C" is what's absurd.

Meh.....All democratic nations have those kinds of organisations that get Gov. money to spout a load of BS.

Also, 8 years ago, in the state of Ohio, duelling was made legal again! You know the score....Duelling was made illegal years ago, but that new law was attatched to some other law. When they decided they wanted the sensible law back again, guess what!? They had to bring back duelling too! Thus far, I havn't seen anyone in Ohio legally shooting each other.

It would be the same with the proposition that this thread is about. My daughter is a supply teacher. I know darn well that if she saw this "spicey food" thing going on, she would use common sense and ignore that bit that she never actually read in the first place. ;)

Of course.....there is always ONE sad person that will impliment it one day :(

Edit: If someone is getting Gov. money for writing that BS....darn sure they are not just going to try and get away with just 3 pages. (End of funding)

I loved this reply

285. Posted by small guy on July 09, 2008 07:49 PM
I dislike french fries, french bread, french dressing, and french people. Wow, I see the connection.

Disliking French people is "politically incorrect", it is, however, "morally justified". ;)

OK, one more before I leave for a week. This one is a hoot. UK Discriminating Bush Trimming. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...from-gay-sex-spot-branded-discriminatory.html

Bristol City Council wants to prune bushes and remove cover from an area known as the Downs to improve the landscape and encourage rare wildlife.

But its own gay rights group has opposed the move, claiming that cutting back the bushes was "discriminating" to homosexual men who used the area for late night outdoor sex known as dogging.

A row blew up last October when it was revealed that four fire fighters had been disciplined for allegedly disturbing a gay sex session on the Downs by shining their torches into the bushes.

After complaints that their actions were homophobic, the four senior officers from Avon Fire Service were fined £1,000 and transferred to other fire stations.

Unfricken believable. How long before it will be totally acceptable for people to have sex in the open even during the day? I hope there is more to this part of the story than what is actually published, otherwise it's just........... I don't know what to say.

Ha! This subject is also a hot topic in an English s*ccer forum (I still can't use that "s" word) that I subscribe to. It is PC gone crazy! Common folk over there seem to be just as outraged as you guys will be. That's just plain nuts!!

Back