Quick ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creepersale

Reaction score
My fermentation freezer is only big enough for one 5 gallon batch , and im a new in kegging. ( but can't get a second batch in keg #2 because keg #1 taps out first lol. ) So too be able to ferment more in a row after fermentation, hen I rack to secondary ill keep it out of ferment chamber. And keep in room about 65 I hope. but Arkansas Winters you can't ever tell lol. But the question is after primary fermentation in over temperature doesn't have much reflection on flavor ???? If not I will def free up my freezer to start another batch :). While I have my previous(s) batches at room temps. I use wyeast 1056 most By the way if that has any bearing. A room temps I don't think I will be hard to keep room under 70.

I move my beers from the fermentation chamber after the first week to my 'man room' in the basement. In the summer the temps are around 70 and in the winter in the low 60s. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the brews either way. No worries.

After fermentation, flavor changes from temperature can be from accelerating spoilage. If you're going to leave your batch at < 70 for a month or so, then move it to a keg I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want to keep this around for a couple years, you'll be in trouble.

Great news. Sounds like I'll be fine. In man room not to long at high then wanted temps. But only way I can keeps the suds flowing. Lol thanks

Cheers to all !!!

Back