Questions for my build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty8202

Reaction score
So Monday I bought a fridge with a freezer on top off of Craigslist for $40 that I plan on turning into a kegerator using this kit http://www.kegconnection.com/1-faucet-fridge-homebrew-kegerator-kit/ not sure if it shows it but I plan on adding the 5# c02 tank and the converted ball lock keg. Any reason not to get this kit or any thing I should add or take away from it?

Also I am thinking about making it a fermentation chamber as well using a temp controller. I would like to get a plug and play style as I am not that electrical savvy. Thinking a Johnson's or stick-1000 but the price difference has me going towards a stc-1000 but not really sure how to hook it up gotta do a little more research I guess. I really only have plans to have one keg hooked up at a time and brew the next batch as soon as the keg has kicked. So I guess the question here is what is the best and most economical way to have both a kegerator and fermentation chamber. I have looked around on here but never really found anything like I want to do. So go easy on the "use the search" comments

I bought a fridge on Craigslist too and bought the KegConnection 4 tap system.

I got it to include ball lock fittings, included a 3 way manifold, a dual Body tap rite regulator.

Outside of the regulator, the only upgrade I did was to increase the beverage lines from 5 feet to 10 feet. Everything else was standard of the kit and worked great. I have no complaints about my KC kit. They even included a line cleaning tank and some Cleaner.

I called them today and will be going with the pin lock keg since the guy said it comes with a pressure release tool and it's way cheaper than the ball lock keg. Upgraded the faucets to the perlick stainless since I saved a little money on the kegs so I thought what the hell why not.

Received my new 3 keg kit from Keg Connection today ! :ban:

3 ball lock corney kegs
Dual body regulator
10lb co2 bottle (aluminum)
Manifold
Lines (gas & liquid)
SS shanks
Perlick 630SS taps with handles
Johnson A419 digital temp controller

I bought a 9cu.ft. Chest freezer and all of the wood and hardware for collar and cart to make it easier to move around. I will be using red oak for finishing it out.

Super excited to get this project going. I'll post pics as it progresses.
Cheers :mug:

Back