Question on brewing with fruit flavors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rascal

Reaction score
I've brewed four batches now but still am uncomfortable in moving away from the brew kits but my question is this. With spring fast approaching I was wondering if I could brew anything close to the Abita Strawberry. I've read a few threads on here which discuss adding the fruit to the secondary but I was just wondering what kit to try. I think the Abita Strawberry is considered a wheat beer. Anybody have any suggestions on what kit to order and any pointers on trying this. It might win me a few points at home since that is one of the few beers my wife likes.

Tread carefully on this path. I've tried 3 fruit beers and one I hated, one I considered dumping and one was so slight of flavor that I had to give it another try. I'll bottle that next week and I cross my fingers this one comes out right.

I'm a fruit beer lover also, my first try is going to be a pumpkin beer, hoping this isn't too advanced for a virgin brewer... Keep us posted on your endeavor, I want to broaden my fruit horizons with warmer weather, thx

Back