Question on beer kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rascal

Reaction score
I joined this site a couple months ago and got some very good advice when I was brewing my first batch which was Autumn Amber Ale (I was surprised how good it turned out by the way). My second batch was a cream stout which I bottled this past weekend (Haven't tasted it yet). I also brewed one last weekend called High Octane IPA. It is in the primary now. My question is what are some ingredient kits that have turned out very good for you. I'm still in the experimental stage and enjoy a wide range of craft beers. I'm just trying to decide which kits to order next that might be pretty tasty. Thanks for any input and also thanks to the folks who chipped in with the good info when I was really nervous brewing that first batch.

I've always had great results with ingredient kits. The amount of time and effort put into the kits means they aren't just some hack throwing ingredients together.

Even ingredient kits from the LHBS are tried and true.

My advice, experiment with different kits to try new brews.

Try Ritebrew.com their kits are cheap and very good!

Rite Brew Ingredient Kits - Ales

I joined this site a couple months ago and got some very good advice when I was brewing my first batch which was Autumn Amber Ale (I was surprised how good it turned out by the way). My second batch was a cream stout which I bottled this past weekend (Haven't tasted it yet). I also brewed one last weekend called High Octane IPA. It is in the primary now. My question is what are some ingredient kits that have turned out very good for you. I'm still in the experimental stage and enjoy a wide range of craft beers. I'm just trying to decide which kits to order next that might be pretty tasty. Thanks for any input and also thanks to the folks who chipped in with the good info when I was really nervous brewing that first batch.

Diamond Knot IPA clone kit from homebrewheaven.com was one of the best kits i've brewed. so was Midwest's Amarillo Pale Ale.

You could dry hop it,sure. But it's an APA,not an IPA. So dry hopping with less is what I'd do. No more than,say,.5oz of the Cascade.

I have only used Northern Brewer Kits. Irish Red Ale, Patersbier, Extra Pale Ale and Nut Brown Ale extract kits. Also Speckle Heifer Partial mash. All those turned out very good. Even the Irish Red which I fermented too warm. I have also done Oatmeal Stout and Chinook IPA all grain kits but they are not ready yet.

I would definitely recommend any NB kit that you think sounds tasty.

I have done a couple of custom recipes and used NB kit ingredient lists as a basis for my recipes. You can find the lists for each recipe in the information tabs.

Northern Brewer is my favorite. I have never been disappointed in any of their kits. They have some really good partial mash pro series kits if you want to expand your experience a bit

I really love the Northern Brewer ESB kit- I botched the priming the first time and would really like to make it again. It was delicious even at low carbonation.

Back