Question about using Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackPawn

Reaction score
Making my first batch of beer, after doing just about everything I could to mess up during the brewing process it appears to have properly fermented in primary. Yeh!

For various reasons (because I have to order equipment online due to location/not properly prepared) I decided to do a short secondary in another carboy before bottling. I have not read much on secondaries and am worried this will affect carbonation when I go to bottle. I've siphoned the primary into the secondary and recapped carboy with a sterile top just like I did for the primary. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Obsession is right, I'm going to have a hard time letting this stuff sit in the bottle properly. Hoping to start a new batch this weekend.

BlackPawn said:
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Obsession is right, I'm going to have a hard time letting this stuff sit in the bottle properly. Hoping to start a new batch this weekend.

Way to be... way to be.

You will be just fine. The best batch of beer I have made so far was my first batch of beer! However I didn't wait long enough to drink all of them and only ended up with a few good beers. Take your time and welcome to the greatest hobby in the world!

You will be just fine. The best batch of beer I have made so far was my first batch of beer! However I didn't wait long enough to drink all of them and only ended up with a few good beers. Take your time and welcome to the greatest hobby in the world!

Haha that is the worst. Bottle it then get impatient, have a couple, keep drinking them since they taste decent then drink the last one just as the beer is maturing and the flavor is really peaking only realize what you're going to miss out on, lol.

Haha that is the worst. Bottle it then get impatient, have a couple, keep drinking them since they taste decent then drink the last one just as the beer is maturing and the flavor is really peaking only realize what you're going to miss out on, lol.

That's just research, and a reason to brew the same beer again. You found it's sweet spot.

Back