Question about stackable kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nztkdt

Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but I'm new to homebrewing and have just bottled my second extract batch. I want to get into kegging some and I keep reading about stackable kegs.

My question is this : Are they stackable full, with connections, ready to use... Or only empty for storage purposes?

Full. Most of the kegs are just a plastic ring that fits around the top of the keg that allows them to stack vertically. There are vertical limits and I probably wouldn't stack them more than two high. If the keg on the bottom taps out before the upper kegs, they could wind up top heavy and could tip over easily. There's enough headroom that you can hook up all of your lines without any issues.

Again, this is perfect for a walk in cooler situation common to restaurants, tap rooms, pubs, small scale breweries and the like.

Excellent. I was picturing a small (5cu ft or less) kegerator with 2.5 gallon kegs stacked inside.

They will stack full. And for the new stackable kegs, I seem to see them all looking like
03way.jpg

where the handles are notched so the base fits into them securely.

Latest posts

Back