Question about NB Plinian Legacy and Dead Ringer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybwilson

Reaction score
Are these in fact the NB clone extract kits for Russian River Pliny the Elder and Rogue Dead Guy Ale respectively?

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any other clones out there available?

I'm still pretty new to homebrewing and admittedly my frame of reference is rather limited thus far. Mostly to what I am seeing on the NB website and the Brewers Best kits I see at the LHBS.

Secondarily, I think I've actually seen Rogue produced kits at said LBHS. Is that the only way to ensure getting the ones hands on the actual Pacman yeast?

Thank you.

Dead Ringer is the clone for Two Hearted Ale from Bell's.
I've done their all grain kit and it's very good and close but not spot on......but a great IPA.

Does Northern Brewer sell anything that would be the equivalent or a good approximation of Dead Guy Ale? I love that stuff but I'm not paying near $30 a case for it at the local Costco if I can brew up something at home.

I'm sure I could piece together the ingredients but I'm in a good comfort zone right now with extract and partial grain kits so I'd like to stay with that if I can.

Back